Wednesday 26 February 2014

Noddy Shot

In this production this was our first production we have done on a Wednesday. The production was pretty simple. The idea behind it was that we had three shots. The first shot was a close up of the interviewer to the side while looking at the interviewee, whilst asking a question. The second shot was of a close up of the interviewee looking from the opposite side which is at the interviewer, which is whilst giving a long answer to aforementioned question. The final and third shot was the 'Noddy shot' a shot of the interviewer nodding agreeably.

The effect that the Noddy shot has is that it is so that the audience doesn't just see the interviewee but also had the reaction of the of interviewer. Under normal circumstances the interviewer would film the noddy shot after the interviewee had left, this is so that the editor can cut between the two in the interview.

In this I worked with my colleagues; Sam Shaw, Olivia Searle and Katie Patrick. In this myself and Katie were working the camera, while Olivia was the interviewer and Sam being the interviewee.

The interview only took about 10 minutes to film because Sam already had the question that he was going to answer and we knew the way in which we were going to set it up. The most complex thing about this production was definitely the editing. I think that this was because I had to keep cutting between the third and second shot to get the effect.


Along with the edit I did an uncut version and in this uncut version I just stuck all three pieces of footage into adobe, this is to compare the two videos too see how different they were before and after. There is quite a bit difference and it shows just how important editing at the right time is. On the version that I edited I also included the 'Sky News' opening titles this to make it look as though it was from an actual news broadcast. I think that this worked well because it made it look more real.

Although this was a really simple project that didn't take too much time, I think that it worked really well and it was interesting to find out how editors cut interviews to keep the audience interested. This is because some interviewee's can talk for a very long period of time and it can start to get incredibly boring.

This is my video of the edited version 

This is my uncut version 


No comments:

Post a Comment