Tuesday 12 November 2013

Technicolour Yawn

I really enjoyed doing Technicolour Yawn I think that this was because it was something different to what we usually do. Technicolour Yawn is an euphemistic expression for an uncommonly colourful and forceful bout of projectile vomit. We did this by working in groups with one person in the group making it look like they were about to be sick, we had to take footage from their front and side view.

To edit it we had to use Photoshop which to begin with I found quite difficult because before this I had never used Photoshop before. We used a cool function called 'Onion Skinning' which basically gave us the outline of what we did in the previous clip so that we knew we were still doing similar things. I used the paint tool to get different colours and patterns to make it look like 'colourful vomit.' I started off with smaller lines and colours as I wanted to eventually build it up to make sure it looked ok.

The 'Onion Skinning' function. 

It took a very long time because one clip of footage worked out to only be about 0.25 seconds therefore we had to spend a few hours to get any sort of 'vomit.' This was hard because we had to work out what we were going to do in each of the clip because they had to be similar but not exactly the same. I found this fun because it was a chance to experiment with Photoshop and try out different things and see if they worked.

I did it in three different parts with it starting off being really small, then getting slightly bigger and finally in the last couple of clips the 'vomit' took up the entire screen. Coming up with different ideas was fun, I had to make sure that the colours were bright so that they could be seen on the screen as Jade has very dark hair and some of the colours would have gone unnoticed against her hair else.


After I edited it on Photoshop I went back onto Premiere Pro and slowed it down, the reason for this was so that it would have lasted longer as it was only about 7 seconds long but I slowed it down by 30% to make sure that it lasted for just over 30 seconds. Also on Premiere Pro I kept the same backing noises that we had the reason I did this was so that the sounds sounded real and not too animated. I think that this worked well and I liked the way in which it turned out.

This shows her front and side profile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment