Sunday 8 September 2013

Initial Tutorials

We watched Klaus the forklift driver video to go over safety. I think that to work safely in a group you must always understand each others boundaries. If it is something that somebody isn't comfortable doing then it isn't the right thing for them to do. When working in a group you should always take every bodies ideas into consideration this way there is no arguments and everyone is happy to work with each other. Each people is required to put in maximum effort and if that isn't being done the this can affect the safety and the happiness of the group.


When working with equipment it is always important to hold them in the correct manner and make sure they are at no risk of getting lost of damaged. If it is a piece of equipment that you're not used to working with, then it's a good idea to speak to someone who is familiar with the equipment therefore improving the safety of the people you are working with. 

Tutorial Questions

1. Have you handed in all your qualifications? If not, what is missing?
I handed in all of my GCSE's on induction day (12 A*-C) These included my Maths and English grade.

2. What were you doing before this course started, and why did you choose Plymouth College of Art?
Before I started this course I was doing my AS Levels at Eggbuckland Community College. The subjects that I were dong were Sociology, English Literature and History. I completed the full year but I decided to come here because I didn't think that my AS results were that good and I felt like I would get more out of doing this type of course. I choose this course and PLymouth College of Art because I have an interest in Media and I wanted something where I could show my skills without the worry of exams.

3. Have you given us your Emergency contact details? YES/NO?
All of my contact details were on the consent form that I handed into reception.

4. Have you received feedback from your Preparation for Learning tests? YES/NO.
Yes I received all of my feedback from Billy.

5. Do you have any long-term goals regarding what you might want to do after this course finishes, or regarding a career?
After this course I would like to go onto University studying some type of Journalism either Fashion/Print or Broadcast. I would like to go to a University in a larger city either London or Bristol because I feel that moving away would give me more opportunities. My ultimate goal is to be an editor for a magazine.

6. What do you need to achieve whilst on this course to progress your goals?
I think that I need to get the most out of this course by getting the best grades possible therefore this would mean that I wouldn't struggle to get into a University of my choice. I think that by working hard and having a high attendance I will be able to reach my goal. 

7. Do you think you might need any support to achieve this?
I think that it is always important to have so kind of support because without it nothing will be achieved. I think that asking for support from the tutors and others on the course I will have enough support.


No comments:

Post a Comment