Monday 16 September 2013

Shutter Speed

The shutter speed is how long the shutter remains open on the camera while the picture is taken. If the shutter speed is slower then the exposure time is longer. The length of the shutter speed I had was 1/200. This meant that there wasn't much exposure but it looked better as it spun quicker. The quicker the shutter speed the less blurry it is as if it's slower it's taking longer and the quality of the image goes down.

How shutter speed works? 

I came up with the idea of mine I thought of doing it as the moon to the sun but then I realised that this would be hard to do and therefore changed it to a sun set and sun rise. I thought that this was a good idea because the colour of the sun changed a long with the sky. The sun got bigger as it got higher and went into the clear sky I thought this would work well because it wasn't a lot of movement but it was changing colour which would work well on the turning table. 



My inspiration came from these two photos. 

I think that the size of the sun worked really well because it went in a rotation and continued so that it looked as though the sun would go up and down all day. I also think that colouring one of the spaces in grey was a good idea because that showed where it started because that was to show the darkness before sunrise. I think that the sky didn't work as well as I wanted it to because the colour of it wasn't great. I tried to change the colour from dark to light to show sun set to sun rise which was from the start of the day to the end of the day. I think had the sky been a similar colour it would have looked a lot better. 

My Turntable. 

We compiled our work together in one big video and this was the result. My turntable is from 2.15-2.21. 

I don't think the difference between the 16 shutter speed to the 32 makes a lot of difference because when sped right up it wouldn't be much of a change because the speed is the most important thing. The turntable animation and Praxinoscope are very similar in that they both do the same thing. However the turntable animation isn't as successful as the Praxinoscope when it comes to the finer detail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment