Friday 27 September 2013

Our Vertical Pixilation - Green Group

On Monday everyone was assigned a group, each group contained about 16 people. Right from the start our group knew that we wanted to do something involving space, I think doing space was a really fun idea because there were a lot of ways of doing it. Other members of our group thought that it would be a good idea for our pixilation to be to different nursery rhymes, which is where the idea for a cow came a long. Our group came up with some very funny but not necessarily practical ideas.

Our group was each given a piece of paper and we went into two groups of eight to see if we could get anymore ideas, there were a few ideas floating around so we decided to go with them. The main idea would be that a cow would be chased to space and then would be in space until he fell out of space and onto an egg and squashed it, with the ending being a conspiracy with a paper saying that the egg killed himself instead of the cow actually killing him. The two songs we based this around was 'Old McDonald had a farm' and 'Twinkle Twinkle little star.' Then two members of the group drew the idea onto the story board adding on information and songs where needed. Each person then wrote on the directors planning sheet what they felt like they contributed to the group and what they would bring in. I felt that I contributed by coming up with some good ideas and I brought in 'Green Wellies' for the first scene where the butcher was trying to kill the cow.

Day 2 was our filming day, I think it was hard for our group because we were the first group, first thing in the morning. I however still think we did very well. The first problem we encountered was that we didn't have enough props which meant that some people were making them first thing in the morning. Due to our pixilation being in space we had to make sure that everything was black which was hard because we didn't have a lot of black material to cover the entire area, however I think that we made the most of what we had. After that the only other problem we had was that we had to adapt to our ideas as we went along and had to change somethings around due to the complexity of it.

                                 
  These are shots from each of the different scenes.

I do however think that our group did a very good job of working together and making sure when moving around the set each person had something to do this started from about 15 minutes in when everybody got into a good routine. I think that this was important because else we wouldn't of had enough time to get everything done. I was really impressed with how our pixilation came out because of how we had to adapt and change our ideas throughout.

However if our group were to do this again I think that we should go with an idea that is a little simpler to film and have a few more solid ideas, this way we would be able to stick to our storyboard and not have to worry about things not being unsuccessful. Although due to it being our first time of doing a big pixilation I think that our group did very well. I think that this project was a great learning curve.

This is our video

Day three I edited it on my own. I cut down each of the songs and then sped them up so they were in time with the lengths of each scene. I put each song to the relevant scene. I edited on my own because I wanted the chance to see if I could do it. It was very tough because there was quite a lot to edit in the time we had but I think I did well and that the video looked as good as I could have wanted. The biggest challenge I had while editing was working out how I would change the orientation of the photos.

Although I think that this was a challenging project I think that our group did really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment